Travel Guide El Salvador: FAQ!

If you need  a travel guide for El Salvador please feel free to contact us. If you have any more questions about us, about El Zonte or traveling to El Salvador we can help you or we know someone who can help you.  This is not a complete travel guide for El Salvador, but we can always help you to sort things out!

Learn Spanish in El Salvador? There are so many other places that offer Spanish lessons in Central America!

If you travel El Salvador we’re convinced that you won’t regret it! El Salvador isn’t as overcrowded as many other places in the world. Beside learning Spanish and surfing the best waves in Central America there a lot of things to discover in El Salvador. If you want to relax and enjoy the tropical lifestyle in El Zonte, this is the place to be! We can organize you trips to beautiful places in El Salvador. #DontSkipElSalvador

  And what about all the bad news?

Yes, El Salvador definitely has its problems, but to 99% it’s not affecting tourists. The other 1% is the typical risk that you have if you travel to poor countries. El Salvador has serious problems concerning social inequality, gang crime and poverty, but that’s one reason more for us to keep our idea going and let the local people be part of our project. We strongly believe that sustainable tourism is one of the possibilities to improve the life of salvadoran people. If you feel unsafe, just book a travel guide. We can help if you need one!

El Salvador Travel
The capital city of El Salvador: San Salvador

What about the prices, can you offer me a special rate?

As Spanish School El Zonte we want to maintain a certain quality and we want to pay our employees fairly. Therefore you support a project that is dedicated to sustainability and maintain El Zonte as a paradise as it is right now. And by the way: we pay taxes like every company should do. Anyway feel free to ask: We offer special rates for partner and group lessons, long term stays at PALO VERDE HOTEL and packages with surf classes.

 What about the airport transfer?

No problem, we can arrange that for you! Let us know!

Study Spanish El Salvador
EL Zonte Beach, El Salvador

And what about the surf?

Don’t tell anyone, its great! You won’t regret it! You won’t need a wetsuit but a lot of sunscreen. We can organize you surf lessons, a surf board and everything you need. Of course, you can also bring your own board and we just give you some local tips to enjoy the waves if you’re already an experienced surfer. There are 2-3 main spots, mainly point or beach breaks. The main spot can be a fast and powerful right wave. The other ones can be right of left waves, depending on the conditions. We can provide you the transport to other surf spots like Punta Roca, Sunzal, K59 and even Las Flores. Just let us know.

Do I have to be an experienced surfer to surf in El Zonte?

Not necessarily, we regularly offer surfing lessons to beginners and you can also have fun as a beginner in El Zonte. Nevertheless we recommend you to listen to our local guides before you go into the water of you’re not sure.

Is surfing in El Zonte safe?

Well, like any other sports there is some risk that you might hurt yourself, but our surf teachers are qualified from ISA and they give their best to prepare you for the El Zonte waves. If you need a travel AND surf guide for El Salvador, let us know!

What if I travel El Salvador and don’t want to stay at PALO VERDE?

No problem. If you travel El Salvador we can arrange you a different hostel or hotel that fits to your needs. Just let us know. We can arrange you stays at various places in El Zonte that fits to your budget and/or preferencies.